It’s almost Halloween and naturally all things spooky get some people thinking of strange goings on such as a zombie apocalypse. Such things have just been in my friend Mark Strange’s latest film Redcon-1 (highly recommended!) a world taken over by these freaky zombie bodies. Such a thing got me thinking, for us petrolheads what Car would be best?
1) Maserati Levante Trofeo; with its V8 petrol engine giving Supercar performance of 0-62mph in 3.9 seconds and reaching a top speed of over 185mph, it’s fair to say the Levante Trofeo would certainly get you away from the zombified monsters and given the ground clearance you would have no issue clearing any obstacles in the way?…
2) Ferrari 488 GTB; probably the most user friendly everyday Supercar on the market today the V8 Turbo engined prancing horse would be able to power its way out of trouble but should you be meeting those zombie foes in a town or city you might find yourself stuck down some narrow streets.
3) Abarth 595; pocket rocket power could be the way to go, no trouble down small streets with enough under the bonnet from its 1.4 turbo petrol engine to hurtle around however that ‘pop pop popping’ might not be the most discreet way to sneak around
4) Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio; an SUV with that Ferrari developed 2.9 V6, stunning performance with a large degree of practicality as an SUV not quite as big as a Levante could be the ideal car & enough space in the back for some much needed supplies.
5) Fiat Panda 4×4; probably the most ‘Covert’ Car in this list for such an event. Practical, good ground clearance, nimble, when escaping the zombie group it could get down back alleys even a gang would have to go down in single file. On top of that get off the beat and track and the little Panda 4×4 could quite easy lose the chasing pack in the rough stuff. Plus there is enough Fiat Pandas on the road you could literally hide up in one on the streets and never be noticed!
What would you choose, one of these or something different?
Read our review on the fun Fiat Panda 4×4 https://enzari.com/2018/06/fiat-panda-4×4-likes-it-dirty/