The number of national championships in which the Abarth 124 rally is competing in the R-GT Category are on the rise. Last weekend, Rumanians Vlad Cosma and Ciprian Dorca drove the Abarth 124 rally of Team Napoca to first place in the category in the Sliven Rally, valid for the Bulgarian Championship scoring the 8th place in the overall ranking.
Abarth 124 rally drivers competing for the Abarth 124 rally Selenia International Challenge are now racing in 11 national championships, namely in Italy, France, Spain, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Romania, Slovenia, Belgium, Austria, Germany and Bulgaria, in addition to the FIA R-GT Cup.
The Abarth 124 rally has scored 24 wins in the R-GT Category in the first part of this season. Abarth 124 rally drivers have been on the podium in the overall ranking twice on three occasions with Italians Andrea Nucita and Marco Vozzo and once with Rumanians Florin Tincescu and Alina Pop.
Abarth 124 rally drivers are in the first four places of the FIA R-GT Cup ranking. Leading them is Frenchman Raphael Astier, strong of his two wins in the Tour de Corse and more recently in the Rally di Roma Capitale. His score of 50 points puts him ahead of Italian Andrea Nucita (33 points), fellow countryman Andrea Modanesi with 30 points and Frenchman Philippe Gache with 18 points.
Italian F4 Championship powered by Abarth
The fifth round of the Italian F4 Championship powered by Abarth, in which thirty of so very young drivers compete in Tatuus single-seaters propelled by Abarth T-Jet engines, was staged in Imola. By winning two races out of three, Italian Leonardo Lorandi passed Brazilian Enzo Fittipaldi, grandson of the two-times Formula 1 championship winner, Emerson, in the general ranking. The good day for Italian driver was confirmed by the Federico Malvestiti’s win in Race3. Lorandi has a score of 239 points, while Fittipaldi has 223. Brit Olli Caldwell is currently in third place. The next appointment will be on September 16 in Vallelunga, where the Trofeo Abarth Selenia drivers will also be competing.
The R-GT category wins of Abarth 124 rally in 2018:
- 25 March – Brasov Rally (Romania) Tincescu-Pop (ROM) 1st R-GT – 1st 2WDe and 9th overall
- 25 March – Rally Il Ciocco (Italy) Lucchesi-Pollicino (ITA) – 1st R-GT
- 25 March – Vallaska Rally (Czech Rep.) Rada-Jugas (TCH) 1st R-GT
- 8 April – Tour de Corse (France-World Championship) Astier-Vauclaire (FRA) 1st R-GT
- 15 April – Criterium Jurassien (Switzerland) Wiessen-Wiessen (CH) 1st R-GT
- 15 April – Sierra Morena (Spain) Monarri- Sanjuàn (SPA) 1st R-GT – 1st 2WD and 5th overall
- 15 April – Rally Sanremo (Italy) Lucchesi-Pollicino (ITA) 1st R-GT
- 22 April – Rally Vipavska (Slovenia) Nucita-Vozzo (ITA) 1st R-GT – 1st 2WD and 3rd overall
- 6 May – Transylvania Rally (Romania) Tincescu-Pop (ROM) 1st R-GT – 1st 2WD and 4th overall
- 6 May – Rally Islas Canarias (Spain) Monarri- Sanjuàn (SPA) 1st R-GT – 11th overall
- 6 May – Targa Florio (Italy) Lucchesi-Pollicino (ITA) 1st R-GT
- 13 May – Rally Villa de Adeje (Spain) Monarri- Sanjuàn (SPA) 1st R-GT – 1st 2WD and 6th overall
- 27 May – Rally dell’Elba (Italy) Lucchesi-Pollicino (ITA) 1st R-GT
- 27 May – Arad Rally (Romania) Tincescu-Pop (ROM) 1st R-GT – 11th overall
- 10 June – Rallye des Vosges (France) Astier-Vauclaire (FRA) 1st R-GT – 11th overall
- 10 June – Rallye de Ourense (Spain) Monarri- Sanjuàn (SPA) 1st R-GT (4th overall)
- 1 July – Rally Zelezniki (Slovenia) Nucita-Vozzo (ITA) 1st R-GT (3rd overall)
- 1 July – Rally San Marino (Italian championship) Modanesi-Mometti 1st R-GT
- 8 July – Rally Rouergue (France) Ciamin-Vilanova 1st R-GT (5th overall)
- 15 July – Rallye Harghitei (Romania) Tincescu-Pop 1st R-GT (3rd overall)
- 22 July – Rally Roma Capitale (Italy, FIA R-GT) Astier-Vauclaire 1st R-GT
- 22 July – Rally Weiz (Austria) Maselli-Gallese 1st R-GT
- 22 July – Rally del Moscato (ITA, CH championship) Luchi-Marchioni 1st R-GT
- 29 July – Rally Sliven (Bulgaria) – Cosma-Dorca (ROM) 1st R-GT