Whilst the new Alfa Romeo Stelvio, the Italian carmakers first SUV, has been winning plaudits both in the UK and across Europe, it’s abilities have also not gone unnoticed across the pond in the good old U.S of A.
The all-new 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio was crowned “Crossover of Texas” and also took home honors for “Luxury Crossover of Texas” and “Most Drives” at the annual Texas Truck Rodeo hosted by the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA).
“On the heels of the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio’s multiple honors – including our coveted ‘Car of Texas’ trophy – earlier this year, our journalists were most intrigued to test out the Italian brand’s Stelvio utility and with no doubt we came away very impressed,” said Nic Phillips, President of TAWA. “With so many highly competitive crossovers to choose from these days, Alfa Romeo has absolutely infused its Italian heritage and racing pedigree into a CUV that delivers sporting dynamics while still forging a very practical vehicle that people will get a smile from driving each and every day.”
A total of 64 pickups, SUVs, crossovers and commercial vehicles were entered in the competition and 75 TAWA members attended the event. Members cast their votes after two days of on- and off-road vehicle evaluations. Consideration is given to everything from exterior/interior styling and off-road capability to the entrant’s overall utility, value and performance.
At TAWA’s Texas Auto Roundup earlier this year, the 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio was crowned “Car of Texas” and also took home honors for “Performance Sedan of Texas” and “Most Drives” at Circuit of The Americas (COTA).
The Stelvio lineup brings world-class performance, state-of-the-art technologies, seductive Italian style and an exhilarating driving experience to the premium mid-size SUV segment.
Crafted by Alfa Romeo artisans at the Cassino plant in Italy, the all-new 2018 Stelvio lineup is a testament to Alfa Romeo’s perfect balance of engineering and emotion, creating a premium mid-size SUV for driving enthusiasts that stands out in one of the largest and fastest growing segments in the United States.
Stelvio Takes Home Top Crossover Honors From Texas Truck Rodeo Event
- 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio named “Crossover of Texas” and “Luxury Crossover of Texas” and took home “Most Drives” honor
- All Stelvio models feature a perfect 50/50 weight distribution, class-leading power and performance and an eight-speed automatic transmission with available steering column-mounted aluminum paddle shifters with gear shifts in less than 100 milliseconds
- Stelvio comes very well-equipped with many standard premium features, including a direct-injection 280-hp turbocharged and intercooled 2.0L engine, delivering 0-60 mph in 5.4 seconds, DNA drive mode selector, genuine leather interior, remote start with passive entry, bi-xenon headlamps, dual exhaust, class-exclusive carbon-fiber driveshaft, flat-bottom Formula One-inspired steering wheel, 7-inch TFT and much more.
- Stelvio Quadrifoglio recently set a Nürburgring lap time record of 7 minutes, 51.7 seconds, making it the world’s fastest production SUV
- The innovative Q4 all-wheel-drive (AWD) system – standard on all Stelvio models, including the Quadrifoglio – provides additional driving confidence and superior control